Saturday, November 14, 2009

A great D.I. treasure

I love when I find a nice little treasure and D.I. had a good one for me recently : ) Here is the before. You can't tell in this picture but it had layers of lumpy icky paint on it. I loved the design of it though and could see the potential it had.

It took a lot of sanding (luckily I have power sander, that helps a lot). I am sure that my neighbors were going nuts with the noise.
Here it is almost done.

I gave it the distressed look which I like but I think I am going to put red on the distressed part and give it one last coat of black spray to match my furniture upstairs.

I will post the final picture once I get around to finishing it. It could be awhile since it's cold outside now.

1 comment:

utwingnut said...

Great job honey! You're pretty good at seeing beauty and good in things that have a rough exterior. :) Miss ya!

Love,
utwingnut