Wednesday, September 17, 2008

My crazy night life! Amber....call 911 !!!!

Last night Amber and I went to our card exchange group at our sister Stacey's house and had a good time. We left with so many cute cards. We were tired by the time we left and have a long drive back to our homes. (Amber was hitching a ride with me). We got off the freeway onto our main street and stopped at a red light. A truck was in front of us and besides that nobody else was around. Well the truck started backing up. I honked the horn but it still came back. I backed up but she still hit my van. Then the light turned green and she didn't go. We thought she would get out but she didn't. She drove into the Maverick station. We followed her thinking she was going to talk to us. (Amber is calling 911 at this point). We parked behind her blocking her truck. She got out and I told her she just did a "hit and run" she looked at my van (luckily no damage) and said "Oh, I am sorry about that". She got into her truck and started backing up with us right behind her. I had to move or she would have hit the passenger side! I know this is a long story but it is almost over : ) While Amber was on the line with 911 we followed this wacko lady all over town. We went through neighborhoods, behind stores, over the train tracks, etc... All of a sudden 3 cop cars had their lights on and we were right in the middle of things right in a neighborhood. (we gave the neighbors something exciting to check out). We were shaking from our adrenalin rush. The lady had to take off her heels to walk a straight line, follow the light, take a breathalyzer test and all that other good stuff. Anyway while she did her thing we had to fill out papers and we had the babies with us. So, while nursing the babies (wasn't this great timing) we juggled paper work! We kept saying "Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do........" Ok the story is almost over : ) The lady got hand cuffed and taken to jail. They said she will get a DUI. Her truck got towed. It was crazy but at least we were safe and we got her off the streets! Oh the best part of the whole story for my sister but NOT for me was, the officer asked me if my passenger (Amber) was over 18 so she could fill out the paper work! We laughed, she felt AWESOME! He said you never know, maybe she was my daughter UGH! Ok, mom in a mini van I must have lots of kids? We had a late, late, super duper crazy night! I melted into bed as soon as I got the chance!

3 comments:

Tara L. said...

That is crazy Kim. I am glad you got her off the streets.

Cassie said...

Kim-
How do you get to to have all the excitement? I was laughing as I read. My life seems really boring next to yours. I am glad you guys are OK.

Unknown said...

I missed out on all of that fun? Only you two would follow her until the cops came. Your lucky that story didn't make me pee my pants but it was a close one. That is a crack up!!