Saturday, August 14, 2010

Cabin fun....

Last month we went to our family cabin in Brighton......we had so much fun. My Dad came up for the day and made us some yummy steaks for dinner. My bro. in law was up for one night and my sis and I along with our kiddo's stayed 2 nights. The kids had so much fun with sticks, a little stream that runs in front of the cabin and the little guys looooooooved the dirt.
I brought up some bubbles and that kept them busy for a short time....then off to explore they went once again.
The kids all helped G-pa husk some corn for our dinner.


Talon was collecting sticks to battle with. He had quite the collection in his belt loops.


Ooooooooooo so clean! My dad couldn't believe how dirty all the kids got! They sure had fun getting that way : )




Best little cousin's ever. I think most of their dirt came from one another. They thought it was so fun to wipe each other (maybe they were painting themselves for battle??) Little stinkers.



Here is Carter before (my dad suggested to bath the kids in a bucket of water he brought up.....the cabin doesn't have water so we bring it all in)


And..............after! Ooooooooooo much better.
When we dumped the bucket it had about 1 1/2" of dirt in the bottom of it. They were all grubby little monsters!
* We took a little walk, made smores, roasted hot dogs, the kids explored the area, Amber and I spiffed up the cabin and we had the chance to visit in between taking care of the kiddo's. The last night was a bit crazy.....Carter woke up in the middle of the night puking.....that was not fun.....it lasted for a few hours.....he and I didn't get much sleep that night. Two of Amber's kids had a hard time sleeping that night also......needless to say we didn't get a whole lot of sleep!*

1 comment:

Tara L. said...

Carter looks so big! Wow, it has been a long time since I saw you. Looks like you have had a fun busy summer!