Saturday, August 23, 2008

So embarrassing

Yesterday I was driving home from the mall. The kids were hungry and tired and so was I. We had a hectic day to say the least. I stopped at a red light at a major intersection and when the light turned green I couldn't go............................Ugh! I was out of gas!!!!! I have been so busy lately that I overlooked something super important especially when you have a vehicle with 3 kids inside. I ended up calling 911 and they sent an officer to my rescue. It took about 20 minutes for them to arrive. Meanwhile I had so many people giving me dirty looks, honking, and starring. Only one person stopped to help but when I said I ran out of gas he said he couldn't help me and left. At one point I told the boys that all we can do is laugh. So we did!!!! What else can you do in a moment like that. (the baby slept through this whole event). The officer arrived and pushed me around the corner and then my brother in law "Super John" came to the rescue with some gas. Oh my heavens how embarrassing was this little episode!!!!!! Lesson learned, even when life is hectic, check to make sure that you have gasoline : )

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

Oh Kim, that is something I would do. I am so sorry. I am glad that you could still laugh about it. I would probably be bawling.

Cassie said...

Kim- that is so sad! I am so glad you have such a good attitude. 20 minutes is a long time to have to sit there! I am sure I would have been going crazy, that is one day you will not forget.
I totally forget to check my gas too. Usually mine starts beeping at me or I would never even notice it was empty.
I am guessing Rick is out of town. I am glad super John came to save you.