Tuesday, September 30, 2008

End of month tally for free/dirt cheap

For September:

I hit the mother load today at Dollar General. I was able to get 91 items for $24.70 All of the summer items were marked 90% off.
My parents dress up as Mr. and Mrs. Claus during the holidays. They have an open house and they give out cookies, hot chocolate, and toys. I help out by shopping for nice but inexpensive toys that they can hand out to all of the kids. So, this is what found for them.

2 Super Soakers 2.oo each
2 pair of sunglasses (spiderman, strawberry shortcake) .30 each
3 shark rafts .70 each
4 t-ball sets .80 each
29 20inch beach balls (spiderman, care bears, straw. short.) .15 each
2 swimming pool w/ a slide .40 each
24 water bombs (baseball, soccer) .30 each
9 7 foot jump ropes .15 each
4 huge frisbees (ninja turtle, straw. short.) .30 each
5 no spill bubble necklaces .10 each
2 sand toys .10 each
1 horse shoe set .20
1 bat/ball .10
1 swim arm floaties .15
1 blow up battle sticks .30

My frees for the month

1 glade/oil plug in
1 loaf of wheat Great Harvest bread
4 pack of t.p.
2 cartons of Orange Juice
1 order of crazy bread and sauce
1/2 sandwich at Gandolfo's
$75.00 gas card (by purchasing $100 worth of men's Dockers clothing)
1 loaf of french bread - Albertson's
1 bag of frozen peas

Dirt cheap for the month

Poweraid Zero: I am not sure how many I ended up with, I donated some but I think I got about 160ish for no more than $15
53 Johnson and Johnson "Buddies" sudzing bars for $2.82
4 large tubes of Colgate toothpaste for .96
10 Soft soap (hand soap pumps) for $3.50
1 Revlon nail clipper for .25
3 Spray and wash pumps plus refills for 6.00
3 Lysol disinfecting wipes/ large containers (3pks each) for $6.00

Well that is the "Tally" for the month of September.......now I get to start fresh for October!

2 comments:

Tara L. said...

You are my hero. I wish I could go shopping with you and just follow you around.

Cassie said...

Holy CRAP!!!!!!!!!!! That is great. I have got to get on the ball!