Friday, December 19, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Chistmas Tree....

The kids are out of school now for Christmas break. They both had parties at school today and said that they had a great time. My shopping and wrapping of presents is all taken care of so now we can sit back and enjoy the holidays. I still can't believe that Christmas is next week. This year has flown by so quickly! We have a tree in our basement that I will have to post later but this is the "pretty" tree that has all of my nice ornaments that I have picked out over the years. I get so excited to decorate it each year......it is my chance to have something extra sparkly/fancy and girlie in the house!
I found this super cute advent calendar this year for us to use. We usually do the chocolate countdown or the chain but this has been so fun! I put little ornaments inside all of the doors and each day the boys trade off opening them. Then they get to hang them on the tree (new for this year also....I love it!) It has been exciting for them to see what is behind the door!

1 comment:

Cassie said...

Very pretty tree Kim. I love to countdown Christmas. We have a calendar that Brady loves and he has asked me about it a couple of times and I haven't gotten it out because of the move....I feel so bad. Next year, Next year everything will be normal again.