Monday, December 22, 2008

What we did on Saturday


On Saturday we celebrated my Dad's 60th Birthday. We had the yummiest layered Chocolate cake. The kids all got to eat cupcakes. The kids that picked the blue cupcakes had blue mouths from the frosting....it was a hit! Wow, I can't believe my dad has hit the 60 mark. It just doesn't seem possible. My sisters and I gave him a card that said we would take him to dinner and set up a time for us to have are picture taken with him. I think he is happy that we will be getting a photo taken since the last one that we have of him I think I was 12 or so.....anyway, many moons ago!



Then....we had our family Christmas party at my Grandparents home. This year we decided not to exchange gifts and put on a program instead. The kids had a lot of fun. We had a good time watching them. We even got my Uncle Brent to sing (I think that was my favorite part).



Later on we just hung out and talked. Carter enjoyed being "passed around" all night. He is such a sweet little guy. Some of the cousins played with a little Smurf set that my Grandma has had around for years. They hadn't seen it before and thought it was the coolest toy ever : )

No comments: