Friday, November 18, 2011

Grandma Salmon

I've been thinking about my Grandparents a lot lately. I don't get over to visit them often. It is a bit stressful visiting with all the kiddo's in tow. Last week after church Keaton and I drove out to visit them. When I first saw them I was a bit sad because I realized how much time has gone on since my last visit. Then I decided to make the best of my visit and move on. Grandma had a bunch of crafts that she was trying to figure out how to divvy up for the kids for Christmas. I stepped in and helped her out. It was nice to work together as a team to get the job done. As I look back at my younger years I can see how my Grandma helped shape who I am today. Some of the memories I have with her are.....cake decorating, painting ceramics, oil painting, Christmas decorating, Easter egg hunts, candy making, puzzles, sleep overs, working at the swap meet, loving all her jewelry, getting tickled by her long finger nails, all the help she gave me with Keaton while I was a single mom, french braids, taking me out to drive, going to the Disney movies, cracking walnuts, getting calendars, thoughtful cards for birthdays and holidays, and I suppose I could go on and on. I am thinking that I need to visit more often and not only rely on phone calls. I love her.

1 comment:

Cassie said...

I totally rmember you talking about her all the time.