Friday, November 18, 2011

A special feeling..........

I have been debating whether or not to post this but I decided to go for it. This is a type of journal for my family and I would like for the boys to remember yesterday. I had a few things posted on ksl.com. One of them was a dryer that I had posted for $75. I got a few calls and then a couple days went on. A lady called and asked if I would take $65. Others had asked but I told them no. I told her yes and we set up a time for her to pick it up. All throughout the day yesterday I kept having a feeling that I needed to do something for someone. Before the lady arrived I told the boys I had an idea.....we could let the lady have the dryer for free. I told them that we don't know anything about her, but I thought she was the one I needed to help. They were so excited and thought it was a great idea.
Her husband came to the door and went to the garage for the dryer (the boys were skipping around with big smiles on their faces). He checked it out a bit and thanked me for being willing to take $65. I then told him that we talked about it wanted to give it to him for free. He got a bit teary eyed and shook my hand and said thank you. He went to his vehicle and got his wife to help move it. She walked over to me and said....my husband just told me what you are doing for us. She was also teary eyed, she shook my hand and said I had no idea how much this meant to them. They didn't know how they were going to pay for Christmas and gasoline for their vehicle. They had a little infant crying in the vehicle and a boy about 8 or so with them. They thanked me again once it was loaded up and I told them Merry Christmas.
The boys and I went inside. I felt so great. They told me how happy it made them feel too. We were able to feel the love of giving without receiving. We were able to help someone by listening to my prompting. I am so grateful for my sweet children and the wonderful opportunity we had to help someone we didn't even know. What a special feeling!

3 comments:

Tara L. said...

That is awesome Kim. You are such a great example.

Cassie said...

Kim, what a great story. You are such a good mother and person. I miss you. Good job following the spirit.

Suzan said...

Such a great sweet story, thank you for sharing.