Sunday, September 7, 2008

I had a great day today.

I had the best day today. I woke up to my sweet little guys saying Happy Birthday Mommy!! They are so cute. They got up early and made me breakfast. Yep, my sweet boys gave me breakfast in bed! They each also made me a card. (yesterday they asked if they could do a project in the craft room alone....I guess that is what they were working on). Aren't they so thoughtful.

They made my favorite cereal Peach Honey Bunches of Oats, toast, water, and a gingerbread cookie. I think they did a great job considering they are 7 and 4. When I finished eating they wanted to snuggle up and talk for awhile.


Rick sent these spoons to me from Korea. I have a big collection that I haven't displayed for awhile because I would like to find new display racks to put them on. Maybe this will be my incentive to do so. Tonight my mom had us over for dinner. My sisters Stacey and Amber along with their families also came. My mom made shrimp salad, corn on the cob, and a tasty brownie cake. Dan made hamburgers and he even tried a new recipe for ribs in his dutch oven. (they were pretty spicy but still good). My kids had a great time playing with their cousins. I had a nice time visiting with everyone. I really had a great Birthday today. Thanks everyone : )

3 comments:

Tara L. said...

Happy Birthday Kim. I am glad you had a good day. How do you do it being away from Rick for so long? That is so cute that your boys made you breakfast in bed. How sweet!

Cassie said...

Happy Birthday! Your boys are so sweet. That is so cute.
I hope your day was great. And I hope Rick can come home soon!

jewel said...

Happy Birthday again sweet daughter, I am so proud of you and how you hold everything together. The boys are so blessed to have you as their Mom and I am so blessed to have you are my Daughter. Love you tons, Mom